Discovering Mamertine Location, Best Routes & Modes to Get There
Mamertine Prison Location
Address: Clivo Argentario, 1, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Find on Maps
Mamertine Prison is centrally situated within Rome, nestled in the historic Roman Forum, making it easily accessible for visitors exploring the city's ancient heart. Its location provides a fascinating juxtaposition of ancient history amidst the bustling modern cityscape.
Closest Airport: Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport, 26.5 km
Getting to Mamertine Prison by Public Transportation
- Best For: Intercity travel
- Train Lines: FC1, FL1, FL5, R
- Travel Time: Travel times vary depending on the departure city.
- Nearest Station: Rome Termini Station, 4.2 km
- Timing: Trains run frequently throughout the day, with schedules varying based on the route and originating city
- Best For: Convenient and efficient commute
- Metro Lines: B, C
- Travel Time: Around 10-15 minutes.
- Nearest Station: Colosseo Metro Station, 900 m
- Timing: 5:40 AM - 11:50 PM
- Best For: Budget travel
- Bus Lines: 118, 170, 30, 51, 63, 80, 81, 85, 87, C3H
- Travel Time: 15-20 minutes
- Nearest Station: P.Za Venezia bus stop, 450 m
- Timing: Buses generally operate during daytime hours, with schedules varying by route and time of day.
Getting to Mamertine Prison by Car
Best for: Convenience
Travel time: 12-15 minutes
Distance: 2.7 km, from Rome Metropolitan City
- Start in Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome Capital, Italy. Head northwest toward Via Vittorio Emanuele Orlando (50 meters). Follow Via Nazionale to Via Quattro Novembre (1.0 kilometer).
- Continue on Via Quattro Novembre, and take Via del Teatro di Marcello to Vico Jugario (1.3 kilometers). Follow Vico Jugario, Piazza della Consolazione, and Via della Consolazione to Foro Romano (300 meters) and reach your destination.
Be mindful of traffic restrictions and limited traffic zones (ZTL) in the historic center of Rome. Once in the vicinity, consider parking at nearby facilities which provide convenient access to the Roman Forum and Mamertine Prison. Parking availability and rates may vary, so arriving early and checking rates in advance is advisable, especially during peak tourist seasons.
- Parcheggio Fori Imperiali (Imperial Fora Parking): Approximately 5 minutes' walk to Mamertine Prison and the Roman Forum.
- Parking Sant'Agata Roma Centro: A bit farther but still within a reasonable walking distance, i.e., 12 minutes.
- Via dell'Arco de' Ginnasi, 7 Parking: The parking is 12-15 minutes walk and provides secure parking facilities with attendants.
Walk or Cycle to Mamertine Prisons
Best for: Visitors looking for an active and eco-friendly approach to reaching the attraction.
Travel time: 15-30 minutes ( depends on the starting point)
- Walking: From various points in Rome's city center, you can walk to Mamertine Prison. The exact route will depend on your starting point, but it's typically a 15 to 30-minute walk, providing a chance to explore the historic streets and sites of Rome along the way.
- Cycling: Rome offers a bike-sharing service known as "Bike Roma" with numerous docking stations throughout the city, including some near the Roman Forum. You can rent a bike and enjoy a scenic ride to Mamertine Prison, taking in the sights at your own pace.